Last week I was selected to receive a "Cherry on Top Award" by Jamie at Lyrical Journey. If you haven't visited Jamie's blog before, you really should get to it. It's beautifully written, has wonderful photos and she always shares a great song/video at the end of every post (a great way to discover new music or listen to old favorites). Thanks so much for passing on the award Jamie!
So now, down to the rules of the award:
1. Thank the person who gave the award to you...done.
2. Copy the award and put it on your blog...done.
3. List three things about you:
- Many years ago, on the day before I was to start law school I panicked and went on an interview to get into a visual arts school in Manhattan. I had always wanted to study photography. I told the interviewer about my plans to start law school the following day and he convinced me to follow the law school dream. I don't practice law anymore...I wonder if I made the right decision?
- I drove cross-country (in the U.S.) for 3 months with two friends after graduating college. An amazing experience.
- I love to run. I got into the NYC marathon 7 years ago and got hurt while training so I never ran in the race. I did get up to 18 miles in training, but I've never run that far since that time. I run short distances now, and the injury still pops up every once in a while, but I'd love to try again to run the marathon someday (If I can get in! It's a lottery system).
I took this photo in Vietnam several years ago. I had just purchased my first digital SLR camera a couple of days before the trip and hardly knew how to use it, but I still managed to get quite a few amazing close up shots like this one. I felt a little guilty doing it, but the once-in-a-lifetime, gotta do it for the sake of my "art" attitude won over.
5. Finally, tag five people you want to pass this award on to...
This is always hard, because there are so many great blogs out there that I look forward to reading every day, and many of them have already received this award. I decided to pass it on to 5 blogs that I most recently became a follower of---they are still kind of new to me, but I like what I see so far! (hopefully they have not already received this award) Here they are, you should check them out too: