With my BSJ off the needles I needed a new challenge. I decided that challenge would be to learn how to knit entrelac. I found a few tutorials online and I decided to give it a go. After a few fits and starts I finally got it going. It's not very difficult, it's just that some of my picked up stitches were a little wonky, so I'll have to work on that part. Here is my first entrelac swatch.
I plan to knit the Lady Eleanor Entrelac Stole later in the summer. I borrowed "Scarf Style" from the library and it has the pattern so now all I need is the right yarn in the right quantity. I'll keep my eye out for a good Noro sale. In the meantime, maybe I'll get some more entrelac practice in by making a Quant headband from knitty.com.
While I practice my entrelac, I am also making a simple Green Market Bag, which I cast on today. I should have started this project sooner so I'd be ready for my first CSA pickup this coming Tuesday. I am pretty excited to see what kinds of delicious fresh vegetables we'll get each week. I plan to post photos of my weekly veggie haul and the culinary creations that result from them. Hopefully they will be blog-worthy.