Monday, June 7, 2010
Thanks to Kate of Lazy Kate Creates for passing along the "Beautiful Blogger Award" to me. I am now supposed to share 10 things you probably don't know about me. Not an easy task...I am a pretty private person and sharing 10 things all at once is a big one for me!
If you've been here before you may have noticed that I haven't shown my face or my name and I don't share very personal things about myself. I don't think there is anything wrong with sharing more if that's your thing, it's just not for me (so far). But, if you'd asked me 8 months ago if I would even be writing a blog my answer would have been no. So, I guess we chalk it up to never say never. OK, so here we go:
1) My Nana was a prolific knitter and she taught me a few knits and purls as a child but it never really "took" for me until many years later after she died. I actually taught myself from a book, but I feel like it was in my blood. I wish we could have done some knitting together.
2) I own my own consulting business.
3) I truly believe that I was a dog in a former life.
4) I always wish I appreciated and understood art more. I live in a city with so many beautiful museums and galleries, but I don't really get it.
5) I don't eat meat. I guess you could say I am a vegetarian who eats fish. Some would call that a pescatarian. I don't like that term. Labels, labels.
6) I wish I could sing and if I could, I'd be in a band.
7) I despise pickles--the look, taste and especially smell of them. Come to think of it, I also hate anything that has dill in it because the smell of dill reminds me of pickles. It took me years to eat a cucumber because I thought of them as "pickles in disguise" but now I like cucumbers.
8) I have a cat. Yes, it's true. She came with my husband. They were a matched set and I couldn't have one without the other. However, I am still a dog person through and through.
9) I like historical fiction books, like those by Philippa Gregory. You may know The Other Boleyn Girl, but there are others in a series covering the 16th century Tudor period. Good stuff.
10) My husband and I like to dream about opening a restaurant someday. He is an excellent cook. Lucky me.
I am now supposed to pass the BB Award on to 10 other bloggers. I am kind of new at this blog thing and I am adding new blogs to my list every day. Here are a few I especially like...so far: