Monday, May 10, 2010

BSJ Update

Thanks to some focused subway knitting time, I made a little progress on the Baby Surprise Jacket today.  I can already tell that I will be making more of these cute little jackets in the future, so I am going to make sure I keep notes on my decisions/modifications as I make them. So far, as I work on stages 1 and 2 of the pattern, I have done:
  • long-tail cast on
  • the decrease, SSK, K1, K2tog (with markers surrounding the K1, so I do not have to move them)
  • the increase, kfb, on the row when 9 sts are added on each side
  • on the even/knit rows, purl the stitch between the markers to make this ridge on the "right side":

    I am also using this spreadsheet to keep track of my stitch count on each row.  I found other BSJ spreadsheets on Ravelry but I didn't see any that listed the counts if you are doing the SSK, K1, K2tog decrease so I made up my own.  So far this sheet only goes through the first 2 stages of the jacket.  I am finding it helpful to count stitches as I go, to prevent having to frog again!

    No comments: